Report All Fraud, Waste and Abuse
Hotline – 877-227-9142 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The purpose of the Civil Air Patrol Inspector General System is to create an independent and objective system to:
- Provide leadership and coordination and recommend policies for activities designed to promote economy, efficiency, and effectiveness in the administration of the Civil Air Patrol.
- Provide a means for keeping the Board of Governors and the Commander of the Civil Air Patrol informed about problems and deficiencies relating to the administration of programs and operations and the necessity for and progress of corrective action.
- Provide a leadership tool that indicates where command involvement is needed to correct systematic, programmatic, or procedural weaknesses to ensure resources are used effectively and efficiently.
- Assist commanders in resolving problems affecting Civil Air Patrol missions promptly and objectively.
- Create an atmosphere of trust in which issues can be objectively and fully resolved without retaliation or the fear of reprisal.
- Ensure the existence of responsive complaint and inspection programs characterized by objectivity, integrity, and impartiality.
- Ensure the concerns of Civil Air Patrol members and the best interests of the Civil Air Patrol are addressed through objective fact-finding.
- Ensure that the personal behavior of inspector general personnel is above reproach.
- Enhance openness and approachability by the briefing of the Civil Air Patrol Inspector General Program at meetings of the CAP National Board, region and wing conferences, commander’s calls, staff meetings, and any other gathering of CAP personnel where inspector general briefings would be appropriate.
- Educate Civil Air Patrol members and commanders regarding the privileges of and protection for those contacting an inspector general.
- Assure that inspectors general avoid self-investigation and the perception of self-investigation.
- Ensure inspectors general, inspector general staff members, and investigating officers are trained to conduct thorough, unbiased investigations and assessments based on fair and objective fact-finding.